5 things every aspiring blogger must know about blogging
Are you sure you know these? There’s a lot you’ll learn as a blogger. You’ll get to research on your niche and topics. You’ll get to experiment with your ad placement. But you need to know these 5 things before you take to the blogging way.
- Blogging is not a quick way to make money – No matter how much you’ve heard someone rant about making quick money with blogging, you’d be lucky to earn .01 cent in the first few days of firing up your blog. It will take you long time before you reach one dollar a day. Make sure you are prepared for it and get rid of illusions.
- Blogging is not an easy way to make money – If someone tells you its easy to blog, think again. You need to research on the niche, your topic. You have to make it sell and make people buy your ideas. It will be a challenge to strike a chord with your visitors and it will be a challenge to make sense with your blog. You’ll need pictures for your posts, you’ll make mistakes and learn from them over time. Not easy.
- You don’t have to be an expert on a subject to blog about it – My friend just shrugged it off – “I don’t know a thing about that subject”. Well you don’t need to. You have to be willing to learn and share your learnings.
- Bloggers don’t compete – This is the best thing I learnt from blogging. There are millions of blogs out there. Given that, there are too many blogs on any given niche. But blogs don’t compete neither do the bloggers. Every person knows different things about any given subject. Just like two fine-art graduates have different knowledge and different experession. People don’t stop subscribing to a technology blog because they are already subscribed to another. There’s no competition – only the visibility plays the big role. You have to make a mark with your uniqueness and style.
- You don’t have to blog yourself – Most of the bloggers making big bucks don’t necessarily do their own thing. They hire people to write for them. As your blog grows in popularity over time, the returns outdo the investment you make into content creation. This gave birth to blog networks where the bloggers can join and work for a blog network which can pay them a salary. If you don’t make a penny with your blog, write for a big blogger and get paid. And if you have a blog that earns you big bucks, you can set it to auto mode – hire someone to write a post daily and pay them back.
What have you learnt about blogging?