Okay Reader, I’m going to jump right in. http://hereismars.wordpress.com/ Mars recommended me for the Versatile Blogger Award. \
I thanked her and waited in silence for an email to come over the horizon saying, “You’ve won our Versatile Blogger Award.” It doesn’t work that way.
My them for the April Challenge, MNINB, “It doesn’t work that way.”
So today, I am going to try to do several things at once. I am a superb multitasker, but whiz around so, I fall off the planet on a daily basis. My call to action comes at the end. First the award.
Thank you Mars, dear tender-aged Mars whose blithe spirit shines through and captures the poetic tendrils of my heart. http://hereismars.wordpress.com/ (repeated it). Select 15 bloggers I’ve recently discovered or have been following regularly. I nominate the blogs below for the versatile blogger award. (Advice: Google it, and following the instructions.)
http://swpulley.wordpress.com, long time friend, writer, lived in Bolivia and Chile 30 years, early member and continuing member of CHPercolatorCoffeeHouseFor Writers, and just one who you can roll around a floor laughing.
http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2011/02/04/rainn-wilson-soulpancake/, I adore Soul Pancake, and use it in my writing classes at times. I also gave the book Soul Pancake to my granddaughter.
http://www.bendsintheroad.com/ I have connected with blogger and will do online interview!
http://blackwatertown.wordpress.com Northern Ireland, author and enchanting commentator; have been following him since he found me – how I don’t know. I think I had 7 followers then.
http://elenagorokhova.com/ Author of Mountain of Crumbs, on Goodreads, Russian heritage. I lived in Ukraine and Belarus, spent some time in Moscow and Siberia, follow her blog on Goodreads.
http://creativityontheloose.com/ new; intriguing; she was in a class of mine
http://thekitchensgarden.wordpress.com/ a new, refreshing blog about farm life, and well written. Sagas, small s really about lambs being born, lamb bloat, the birds; all have names, and the blogger’s pieces undo the knot in the back of my neck from my social media strain.
http://kofegeek.wordpress.com/ Kofegeek is a silly geometer, a lover of coffee and fresh carrot
http://catewrites.wordpress.com/feed/ An exquisite young writer, working on her first novel – we meet once a week and share our writing through prompts!
friend, who is a scientist, a Baha’i and who writes enchanting, whimsical pieces.
http://livingbackstreet.blogspot.com, a very talented artists. She had a stroke and since then she’s been producing the paintings you will see on her website.
http://holessence.wordpress.com/ one of the first bloggers to reach out at beginning of our MNINB April challenge, generous in spirit and knowledge
terrifically informative re writing
http://debbieohi.com/home/atom.xml I love her art
Okay this is for the lovely Mars – 7 things about myself
1. I am 73, but have the writing voice of a 35 year old;p spunky, funny, deep, spiritual, whatever.
2. I am a twin; fraternal, she died a few years ago.
3. I am a member of the Baha’i Faith – since 1966 – was Catholic from Boston
4. I am a pug dog devotee
5. I have lived in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine, Minsk, Belarus, spent time at Lake Baikal in Siberia, looked across borders to Mongolia, stared at the biggest fattest head of Lenin in Ulan Ude, Siberia, and crawled across railroad tracks and clung to barely the inside of a train in Eastern Ukraine, and last I road on a bus with our interpreter who thought beings from Mars would soon pop up, and where the bus driver stopped the bus, and said about the quacking goose in our midst, “Off with his head,” but of course, the goose lived, and we did too.
6. I am a memoir addict, and started reading 4 books a day when I was 7; since then, my addiction has grown.
7. I teach several writing workshops, one of which to homeless women, and they rock.